How employees can get money back from the companies that fired them

The government is asking employees to submit a “remunerative compensation plan” in case of termination that is “in accordance with employee remunerration policy.”

Employees can apply to the Wage and Hour Division to get money from their employer if they were fired because of misconduct or non-performance.

The department is seeking submissions on this through March 8.

If an employee makes a claim against their employer, the employer can request that the claim be settled with the employee within 30 days, and then a claim can be settled within 30 calendar days if it is approved by the Wage And Hour Division.

In some cases, the Department of Labor will reimburse the employer for the cost of legal fees, which are capped at $10,000.

If employees have more than $50,000 in assets, the department can also help with that amount.

If they can’t get money, they have until April 29 to apply to a Wage And Hours Tribunal.

The Wage And Hiring Division says the department’s remunerative incentive plan can help workers and businesses avoid retaliation.

The Wage And The Hiring Tribunal will make a determination on whether a company’s policy of non-payment is appropriate and if it will be enforced.

The department is also reviewing its policy for reporting misconduct to the police.

Follow NBC News Investigations on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram