How to claim your parliamentary remunerations

In order to claim parliamentary remortgages you will need to provide a full and accurate statement of all the remunerable expenses you incurred in the year, and that they are correct.

You should also supply the following: Your name, address, email address, telephone number and an identification number if available.

A photocopy of your official letter of application.

A letter from the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance, or an attachment of your statement of claim.

You will need the name, postal address and date of birth of the remoter member of your parliamentary family.

The Parliamentary Standing Committees are the bodies responsible for examining and deciding on remunerative entitlements for the members of the House of Representatives.

If you do not have the necessary information you can also contact the Parliamentary Payments and Debts Committee.

If the member in question has not been named in your letter of claim you will have to go to the Speaker’s office and file a written notice with that member’s name and address.

In cases where the member’s parliamentary address has been omitted, the Member of Parliament will be contacted and asked to provide the correct information.

In the case of members of a Parliamentary Standing Group or a Parliamentary Group Meeting, you will be asked to complete and return a letter signed by yourself and your immediate family member and a copy of the Member’s Remuneration and Allowances Act 1988, in which case you will also need to pay your Parliamentary Remunerations and Allowance Act 1988 and all other applicable taxes.

If your Member of the Parliament is not living at the address provided, you can contact the member by phone and ask for the member to contact you by telephone.

The Member of Commons will then be informed and you will pay the member.

This process is designed to ensure that there is no discrepancy in remunerated expenses between the Members of the Houses and the members that the Members pay.

If any Member of either House of Parliament, is unable to provide this information, the Speaker will refer the matter to the Minister for the Department.

The Minister will then make the decision on whether to refer the case to the Parliamentary Payment Tribunal.

The decision on the referral will be final.

If there is a disagreement between the Member and the Minister over the matters that need to be referred to the Tribunal, the matter will be referred directly to the House.

If a Member of a House is unable or refuses to pay their Parliamentary Remortgagment, or a Member who has not complied with the remortgage or remuneratory entitlements will not pay the remission for the year in full, the House will elect to have the matter referred to a parliamentary pay Tribunal, which will make a final decision on who should pay.

In rare cases, a Member may also be unable to pay the Remortgage in full or not pay all of the amount due.

If this occurs, a notice will be sent to the Member, asking for payment of the full amount in advance, as well as the remittance in full.

If no payment is received, the case will be dismissed.

This is an unusual situation.

In some instances, the member will receive a letter from a House of Reps.

Representative in which they will be told to make an arrangement with their member to pay back the amount owed, which may or may not be paid.

The Representative will provide a statement of the matter and will provide an undertaking that the member is able to make arrangements with their Member of House to repay the amount.

If repayment is not forthcoming within 30 days of the notice being sent, the Representative may refer the issue to the Auditor General for further review.

In this case, the Auditor will make the final decision and may recommend a fine or other sanction for the Member.

It is also possible that the Member may not pay their remortGagment.

For more information, please contact the Parliament Payments and Debit Centre on 1300 539 672 or visit the Parliamentary payments and debit centre website.

If Parliament is in session at the time you send your letter, you should inform the Speaker, who will then send a letter to your Member, explaining the circumstances and asking for repayment.

The letter should also explain that the Speaker is not able to take the matter further, so you must notify the Speaker that you intend to refer it to a Parliamentary Payment and Debt Tribunal.

You must also provide a letter of explanation from the Member that you would like to see the Tribunal make a decision on.

This will allow the Member to respond to the request, which could include a further explanation of the situation and a response to the letter sent.

If an investigation into a Member’s conduct is commenced by the Parliamentary Pay Tribunal, it will determine whether a payment should be made.

If so, the Tribunal will send a written statement to the Members House.

The Speaker will then take a decision whether to make a payment to the member, either in cash or in a lump sum. If not,